Cbd For Sleep Apnea
CBD for Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that can disrupt the normal functioning of the body. If you or any of your relatives or friends are suffering from this disorder, then using CBD can be beneficial.
Little confused about why to use CBD for sleep apnea?
If yes, then don’t worry, as you go on reading the article, you will understand the reason behind this.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a serious sleep problem in which the breathing stops and starts suddenly. If you have this snoring problem and you generally feel tired even after sleeping for the whole night, then you might suffer from this disorder.
This disorder usually occurs when your brain and body do not get enough oxygen to function.
Next, let’s move ahead by knowing the types of this disorder.
What are the Types of Sleep Apnea?
There is generally three types of disorder, those are:
• Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): This is the most common form of this disorder. The main reason to cause this disorder is the blockage of the airway. This generally occurs when the soft tissue in the back of the throat collapses during sleep.
• Central Sleep apnea: Unlike the above type, the airway doesn’t block, but the brain fails to signal the muscle to breathe, due to the inability of the respiratory control center.
• Complex sleep apnea syndrome: This type of disorder occurs when someone has both obstructive and central apnea.
What Are the Symptoms OF this Disorder?
The signs and symptoms of both the types of disorder get overlapped, which sometimes makes it difficult to determine which type of disorder you are suffering from.
Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are:
• Loud snoring
• Sudden stoppage of breathing during sleep
• Gasping air during sleep
• Awakening with dry mouth
• Morning headache
• Difficulty in staying asleep
• Excessive daytime sleepiness
• Difficulty in paying attention
To have a better understanding of the health condition, let us look at the causes of sleep apnea.
What Are The Causes Of Sleep Apnea?
There are a bunch of factors that can contribute to blocking or collapsing of the airway.
Some of them are:
• Muscular changes: When people sleep, the muscle around the throat and tongue get narrowed. The relaxation of the muscle prevents the flow of air.
• Physical obstruction: Extra thin tissue or excessive fat around the airway may block the airflow.
• Brain function: In central sleep apnea (CSA), the neurological control of the breathing gets disturbed. The CSA can cause due to other medical conditions such as stroke or health attacks.
Risk Factors Associated With Sleep Apnea
The risk factors for sleep apnea include:
• Flat back sleeping
• Chronic sinusitis
• Large neck circumference
• Sudden weight gain
• Down syndrome
• Family history
By now, you would have got a clear understanding of this disorder.
Now, it’s time to know about the effective treatment option available for treating this disorder.
How to Treat Sleep Apnea?
Well, this is a difficult thing to suggest. It’s because there are a bunch of medications available for treating the disorder, the treatment of this health condition may vary for each individual depending on the underlying cause.
So, you may seek your doctor’s help to choose the best medication for yourself. Some of the common medications are:
• Continuous positive airway pressure
• Other airway pressure device
• Oral devices
• Home remedies
Apart from all these medications, there is one natural compound, which is becoming widely popular as an option for managing several problem associated with health. The name of this compound is CBD or cannabidiol and is present in the plant species called cannabis.
This is the reason why we took this as our main subject.
First of all,
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of the second most researched cannabinoids of the cannabis plant after THC. Both components have the potential to provide numerous health benefits, but they have some differences. The main difference between them is that THC is a psychoactive component and CBD is a non-psychoactive component.
Scientists believe that these compounds show the effect on the body by interacting with the receptors that are present in the endocannabinoid system of the body.
How Far CBD is Effective for Sleep Apnea?
CBD interacts with many receptors, protein, and chemical compounds that are available in the brain. These interactions activate the neurotransmitters, hormones, and other cells of the body.
• Few people say that this compound shows its effect by relieving pain, and reducing anxiety.
• This compound may be effective in dealing with the endocannabinoid system in regulating the sleep stability.
• This compound may have the potential of inducing a state of relaxation, which will, in turn, help in getting better sleep.
• It may have the potential of increasing the overall snooze amount, which, in turn, can reduce the insomnia in many folks.
• It might be beneficial in dealing with a REM behavior disorder, in folks suffering from Parkinson’s disorder.
• CBD can be beneficial in improving the symptoms of depression and anxiety by interacting with the serotonin receptors that are available in the brain.
To have a better understanding of this compound and its benefits, let’s look at some of the past evidence on this cannabinoid.
What Do The Researchers Think About Cannabidiol?
According to researchers, around 22 million Americans are suffering from this disorder.
As per the studies, CBD appears to stabilize the respiratory patterns of the individual and protect the upper airway muscle, which results in regulating breathing.
As per another study, which got published in the Permanente Journal, 72 adults who were suffering from anxiety due to the poor signaling began the dosage of this compound. After the first course itself, the anxiety got decreased in 79% of the people and in 66 percent of the people, the snooze problem got decreased.
By reading all these things about CBD, you might be thinking of trying this compound.
Right? If yes, then the next thing you would like to know is that how to use this.
Therefore, with respect to this, we’re considering this on our next subtopic.
How to Intake CBD for This Disorder?
Well, you are free to choose your preferred method when it comes to making use of this compound.
Here are some of the preferable options for consuming the daily dosage of CBD.
• Sublingual: Pure CBD Oil and tinctures comes under this category. When it comes to oils and tinctures, you have to place the oil drops underneath your tongue, hold it for some time, and then swallow it along with water.
• Topical: Topical like lotion, cream, and roll-on can be an asset for treating the sore muscle, pain, and inflammation of the body.
Once you have decided your method of ingestion, the next question that may strike your mind is how much I need to consume.
If you also have the same question in your mind, then read our next subheading and know about the dosage.
What Is The Right Amount to Consume?
Well, there is no exact reply to this question because, till date, there is no standard dosage available as per the FDA. Thus, you need to find an appropriate dosage with trial and hit method.
Also, we recommend our readers to begin with a small dosage. Even if the health condition is severe, it’s better to start slow and then slowly increase the dosage amount. As you increase the dosage, it is necessary to track your health condition.
However, before you begin the dosage of this compound, consider talking to your general practitioner and know his opinion on it.
Final Point on This Topic
By reading the complete article, you would have got an idea about how this compound can be effective in treating this disorder.
Now, it’s your time to make the decision of which medication you have to choose for yourself or for your loved ones.
If you have any other query about this compound, then call our customer support team.