Cbd For Bipolar Disorder
CBD for Bipolar Disorder
By reading the heading itself, the first question that may strike your mind is, whether using CBD for bipolar disorder can be beneficial or not.
If yes, then as you go on by reading the article, you will surely get your answer.
However, before getting to know about this medication and how it can be beneficial, let us know about the disorder.
What is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder or manic is a mental disease, which causes extreme mood swings, alteration in energy level, and inability to carry everyday tasks. The episodes of mood swings may occur rarely or frequently.
This bipolar disorder is a life threating health condition.
To know more about this health condition, let us begin by knowing the types of this disorder.
Types of Bipolar Disorder
There are three important types of bipolar disorder - bipolar I, bipolar II, and cyclothymia.
In this type of health condition, the person will experience at least one mania episode and one depressive mode. This type of health condition can affect both men and women equally.
In this type, the person will experience both mania and depressive disorder at least two times a week. Sometimes, the patient may experience mixed episodes. This type of health issue is more likely to be seen in women than men.
People suffering from cyclothymia have both hypomania and depression. The severity of the health issue will be greater than the above two types of disorder.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Symptoms may vary for each individual. People may experience symptoms of both hypomania and depression. Each mood will last for approximately a month.
Let us discuss the symptoms of each mood separately.
Mania or hypomania
Hypomania or mania refers to a “high” mood and as a result, the symptoms are extreme.
• Unstable judgment
• Excessive happiness, excitement
• Sudden changes from being joyful
• Disturbed concentration
• Highly sex-driven
• Making unrealistic plans
• Increased energy
In this mood, people may experience an extremely low feeling.
The symptoms of this mood are:
• Extremely sad
• Low energy
• Feeling unworthful or disappointed
• Trouble in concentrating
• Uncontrollable crying
• Not able to make decision
• Require more sleep
• Suicidal thoughts
What is the Origin of This Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a mental health problem and can be caused due to various reasons. However, doctors and scientists are still trying to figure out the exact reason.
Some of the possible causes of this health condition are:
1. Genetics: If any of your parents or close relatives are having this disorder, then you are more likely to suffer from this health condition.
2. Brain: The structure of the brain may increase the risk of developing the disorder. The abnormal structure or function of your brain can cause this health issue.
3. Environmental Factors: Not just the functioning of the body causes this disorder, but even the outside factors can contribute to developing this health condition.
Some of the environmental factors are:
• Extreme stress
• Traumatic experience
• Physical illness
Next, let us look for a special treatment option for managing this disorder.
Treatments and Therapies Option Available For Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder is a lifelong illness. The treatment of this disease aims to minimize the severity of its symptoms. Treatment and therapies of this health condition comprise a combination of medicine and psychological support.
There are several medication options available for treating this disorder. However, choosing the right treatment option is a complex task, and for this, you need to get help from your doctors.
However, when it comes to trying natural medication, CBD has become one of the bustling terms in the wellness sector. This natural therapy is in the limelight due to its therapeutic benefits.
Before knowing about the benefits, it is essential to know what CBD is.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is the other name of CBD, which is one of the 120 compounds that are available in the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant possesses several cannabinoids such as THC, CBD, and much more.
Each cannabinoid has the potential of interacting with the cannabinoid receptors that are present in the endocannabinoid system. These cannabinoid receptors are, namely, CB1 and CB2.
CB1 receptors are majorly available in the brain, for controlling the mood, emotion, sleep, etc. and CB2 are greatly present in the immune system.
Next, let us see exactly how CBD can help in treating this health condition.
How Can CBD Help Manage Bipolar Disorder?
CBD experts say that this compound may have neuroprotective and antioxidative properties. Moreover, it is found that this medication may help in preventing oxidative damage and can increase the brain functioning in human beings.
When CBD lessens the production of oxidative stress, it may help in dealing with the symptoms of this health condition.
There is a bunch of evidence, which shows that CBD can be effective in improving the health condition of the patients suffering from this disorder. More than 70% percent of bipolar sufferers reported that they prefer using cannabidiol regularly for treating the symptoms of this health issue.
Now, how much is the accurate dosage of CBD for this disease. To know this, go through the next subheading.
How Should I Take CBD?
When it comes to this compound, there is a whole bunch of methods available for making use of it.
Let us know a few of the convenient methods to use the product.
1. Tincture: In this option, you simply have to place the drops under your tongue. Once you place the oil drops, the sublingual gland under the tongue will start the absorption process.
2. CBD Topical: Topical is something that you need to apply on the upper layer of the skin. Some of the common topical products are lotion, cream, salve, etc.
3. Vape: If you don’t prefer tasting the oil, then you can choose smoking the CBD Oil. Here, the extract will directly enter the lungs and may show some kind of instant relief.
4. Capsules: According to many users, this is the most convenient method to consume the daily dosage of the CBD. Once you consume the pill, it will enter the digestive system and may start showing its effect.
5. CBD Edibles: In this method, the consumer can simply consume the product like any normal candy. It is the tastiest form to experience the richness of CBD.
What are the Side Effects of Cannabidiol?
CBD-infused products are not a miraculous medication, which will treat your health condition overnight without producing any side effects.
These products may also produce side effects, but it’ll be mild and will not last for a long time.
Some of the common side effects are:
• Dry mouth
The risk of experiencing side effects will be high depending on how much you consume. Along with this, drug interactions can be one of the crucial factors to cause negative effects on the human.
Thus, we suggest all our customers to start from the very low dosage and moreover, talk to their general medical practitioner before using the product.
Will CBD Usage Result Positive in a Drug Test?
No,the chances of hemp-derived CBD showing a positive result in a drug test is likely to be nil, but there are other few reasons due to which a person may fail in a cannabidiol drug test after having any CBD product.
Let’s discuss that in detail:
1. Product with THC content: The most common reason, to fail in a drug tests is by consuming any CBD product, which contain THC content in high concentration.
2. Mislabeling of Products: The cannabidiol extracted from the hemp plant contains 0.3%THC content. However, there are few manufacturers who claim that their products contain less than 0.3%THC content, but it’s not like. Thus, always ask for third-party lab-tested report for the CBD product whenever you buy.
3. Indirect Exposure to THC: Even the indirect exposure to THC can show up the THC content in the drug test and as a result, you will fail the test.
Final Take Away
Bipolar disorder is a serious mental disorder, where the patient can experience an extreme alteration in the mood and fluctuation in the energy.
As this health condition can affect the overall condition of life, it becomes necessary to treat the disorder at the early stage itself.
We believe that by reading this article, you would have got a crystal clear idea about this medication.
Now, it’s your turn to decide which is best for you – CBD or other options.